Vegan Taco Salad With Blood Orange & Black Beans
Lately I’ve been loving adding fresh fresh citrus to my meals while it’s in season! Last week I added a gorgeous blood orange to my basic vegan taco salad mix with fresh herbs and pumpkin seeds for a twist on Taco Tuesday. I found with all the toppings, this bowl didn’t really need dressing. A little almond milk yogurt would be great here, too, or a drizzle of tahini! Try adding cooked quinoa for extra protein if you like. I love mine with extra salad and avocado! This vegan taco salad is perfect to throw together for easy workweek lunches.
Blood Orange & Black Bean Vegan Taco Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 blood orange, segmented
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1 squeezed lime
- 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- salsa (for serving)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
1. Toss all ingredients in a bowl and serve immediately. Add more salsa and lime for flavor.